Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Choice to announce second quarter earnings on Aug. 6

The call should illuminate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic during the first half of the year

CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL will announce its second quarter earnings on Aug. 6. That quarter saw the COVID-19 pandemic hit full swing and Choice has seen mixed results during that crisis.

The second quarter results will be released prior to the market opening Thursday. A conference call with Patrick Pacious, president and CEO, and Dominic Dragisich, CFO will be held at 11:30 a.m. ET. There also will be a live webcast on the company’s investor relations website and a recording of the earnings call will be available by 3 p.m. ET the day of the call.


Earlier in July, Choice announced that, because of reduced consumer demand during the pandemic it would lay off U.S. corporate employees who had previously been furloughed. The number of employees was not made clear by the company, but it has reduced its global workforce by more than 20 percent through a combination of layoffs and furloughs since the beginning of the first quarter, including the most recent layoffs.

A hiring freeze remains in place for all non-critical positions globally, one of several steps the company took in early April to compensate for losses stemming from the COVID-19 downturn. Other steps included wage reductions for executive staff and cuts in discretionary capital expenditures.

“Given the broad-based uncertainty of the current environment, we have taken decisive actions over the past several weeks to position the company for changing market dynamics and enhanced our financial flexibility to sustain the long-term health of the business,” Pacious said at the time.

The second quarter has not been all bad news for the company. In June it reported that its extended-stay brands, WoodSpring Suites and Suburban Extended Stay in the economy segment, MainStay Suites and Everhome Suites in midscale, were seeing higher occupancy than the rest of the industry during the pandemic.

Also in the second quarter, a group of at least 60 Choice franchisees filed a lawsuit leveling serious accusations against the company. They include an allegation that the company exercises racial bias against Indian American owners.

More for you

Peachtree Group , celebrating their 2024 ranking as the 8th largest U.S. CRE lender with $1.6B in investments.
Photo credit: Peachtree Group

Peachtree ranked eighth-largest CRE lender in the U.S.

Peachtree Group Ranks 8th in U.S. CRE Lending for 2024

PEACHTREE GROUP IS the eighth-largest commercial real estate lender in the U.S., according to the Mortgage Bankers Association’s 2024 loan origination rankings. The company deployed $1.6 billion in commercial real estate credit investments.

The MBA also ranked Peachtree seventh among U.S. CRE hotel lenders for the fourth consecutive year and recognized it across the office, multifamily, retail, and industrial sectors, Peachtree said in a statement.

Keep ReadingShow less
stayAPT Suites Lancaster hotel by Destiny Partners in 2025

Destiny, stayAPT to franchise five PA hotels

Why stayAPT Suites and Destiny Partners Are Redefining Extended Stays

DESTINY PARTNERS LLC and stayAPT Suites signed a franchise deal for five Pennsylvania locations: Lancaster, Reading, York, Bethlehem, and Allentown. Construction begins this spring on the first 94-room, four-story property in Lancaster.

Destiny Partners co-founder Shakher Patel leads the firm, while Gary DeLapp is stayAPT Suites' president and CEO.

Keep ReadingShow less
હન્ટર કોન્ફરન્સ 2025: નવું સ્થળ, આર્થિક ચર્ચા

હંટર હોટેલ કોન્ફરન્સે મોટા પગલાની જાહેરાત કરી

હન્ટર હોટેલ ઇન્વેસ્ટમેન્ટ કોન્ફરન્સે આ અઠવાડિયે તેની 2025 મીટિંગની શરૂઆત એવા સમાચાર સાથે કરી હતી કે તે આવતા વર્ષે નવા સ્થાને જશે. ઉપરાંત, કોન્ફરન્સમાં વક્તાઓએ યુ.એસ.ની અર્થવ્યવસ્થાને અસર કરતી વર્તમાન અશાંતિ અંગે તેમના મંતવ્યો આપ્યા હતા.

આ વર્ષની કોન્ફરન્સની થીમ હતી “એલિવેટ યોર ગેમ,”, કોન્ફરન્સ ચેરમેન અને પ્રાયોજક હન્ટર હોટેલ એડવાઈઝર્સના સીઓઓ લી હન્ટરે ડાઉનટાઉન એટલાન્ટામાં મેરિયોટ માર્ક્વિસ હોટેલ ખાતે મંગળવારે તેમની શરૂઆતની ટિપ્પણીઓમાં જણાવ્યું હતું. કોન્ફરન્સમાં 2,200 થી વધુ લોકોએ હાજરી આપી હતી.

Keep ReadingShow less